Monday, October 18, 2010

New Beginnings...

It has been much too long since I attended to my little blog, but a great deal has gone on this year, including the birth of a very precious baby boy in September! Our little Edward brings so much joy to Mike and me. In spite of the sad lack of blog updates, I have been busy over the past months with several events. Among these was the wedding of Frank and Kimberly Vincent in June. Frank and Kim's wedding was beautifully situated on their own property, which backed up to the James River. Kim loved the nautical look, and wanted to use striped ribbon on the bouquets and boutonnières....I looked everywhere and finally found the perfect nautical ribbon at Hancock Fabrics. After discussing several different ideas, we decided to use green and white flowers, specifically green hypernicum berries, green spider mums, white Queen Anne's lace, and white hydrangeas. Kim's bridesmaids were her two daughters, and we gave one of them a green bouquet, and the other a white bouquet. Kim herself had a combination of the two; together with the navy and white ribbon, the end result was quite striking! The wedding was at sunset, and could not have been more lovely. The reception was under the stars, and guests enjoyed dancing long into the night. I am in the process of contacting Frank and Kim's wedding photographer so I can show some of the actual wedding pictures; unfortunately the only ones I can share are those that I snapped of the flowers before taking them to the wedding site. You can tell that I'm still pregnant in the pics :) Enjoy!


The Bride's Bouquet, with hydrangea, Queen Anne's lace, green spider mums, and hypernicum berries.



The "White Bouquet"...white hydrangeas and white Queen Anne's lace.



The "Green Bouquet"...green spider mums and hypernicum berries.

Lastly, one of my favorite aspects of the wedding; the flower girl's "ball". Kim's 8 year old daughter, when given the option of either a basket with petals or a "flower ball", chose the flower ball. She was quite precocious and claimed she wanted the "more unusual option"! I had so much fun designing this little accessory, and I think it turned out well! I used miniature white mums, and the same nautical ribbon as on the bouquets.


I thoroughly enjoyed working with Frank and Kim...their wedding was beautiful, and I am so happy for both of them!



No comments:

Post a Comment